Information for Applicants
We are expanding our team at Darton College and have the following new posts available.
Science Teacher MPS/UPS
Required for September 2018 (or sooner should the situation allow)
Are you curious, innovative and creative? Are you seeking a route to accelerate your professional learning? Are you passionate, hardworking and committed to ensuring all learners make the best possible progress? If so, this could be the opportunity for you!
Located close to Junction 38 of the M1, Darton College is a popular, vibrant and inclusive 11-16 school which serves the communities of Darton and Kexborough. Visitors regularly comment on the happy and purposeful atmosphere that the school encompasses which comes from the warm relationships between learners, staff and the community.
Governors, staff and learners aim to appoint a dynamic and motivated Science Teacher to help to raise both achievement and progress across the school.
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- are highly effective Science teachers.
- are passionate in ensuring all learners achieve their potential.
- are committed to fostering a love of knowledge and learning.
- are enthused about their own professional development and that of others.
The benefits of working in our school are:
- a committed and supportive leadership team and governing body.
- high quality professional development opportunities.
- a hard-working and dedicated staff team.
- the opportunity to work with exceptional learners.
- strong links as a strategic partner of Barnsley Teaching School Alliance.
A full job description and application form are available from the school and the TES website. Completed applications are returnable to: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications: Wednesday 21 st March 2018 at 12.00 noon.
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 9 th April 2018.
Learning Support Assistant
Grade 2 – Actual salary £10,844 – £11,000
29 Hours per week – Term Time plus 5 Insets
Applications are welcome from candidates who are able to:
- Support learners within the classroom.
- Provide targeted support outside the classroom.
- Work on differentiated activities with groups of learners.
- Liaise with the SENCO/Inclusion Lead to deliver SEN provision.
- Develop social/emotional skills (depending on the need of the individual).
- Work with teachers to monitor learner progress.
- Accompany learners to relevant sessions and examinations.
Requirements for the post:
- Four GCSEs (Grades A – C) including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working with children/young people is desirable.
- A committed and skilled individual with energy and a desire to learn.
The role is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to obtain school specific experience or a stepping stone to get into teacher training.
A full job description and person specification are available from Janice Young: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 23 rd March 2018 at 12.00noon.
Interview Date: Monday 9 th April 2018.
Application forms are to be returned to: Janice Young: email@example.com.
Completed applications for all positions are available and returnable to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Darton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.